All relevant stakeholder groups from across the globe, including government, industry and civil society groups will participate both at the conference itself, and through a number of ‘pre-conference events’ dedicated to feeding into GCCS2015 proper. This multi-stakeholder approach is also mirrored by the conference’s focus on public-private cooperation on internet governance.
- 5-17 October 2014: India Conference on Cyber Security and Cyber Governance (CyFy) in New Delhi organized by the Observer Research Foundation. Read the description and the outcome document.
- 9-10 December 2014: International Law and State Behaviour in Cyberspace Meeting Series – Asia-Pacific Regional Seminar, Seoul, Republic of Korea. The outcomes of the meeting are now available. Read also the description.
- 5-6 February: Preparatory Workshop for GCCS2015 “Protecting Cyberspace? – legal, political and practical dimensions” in the Hague, organised by the Hague Centre for Strategic Studies.
Results of this meeting:
Food for thought paper for GCCS2015 (Parallel Session CBM’s, Norms of Behavior and Public-Private Cooperation for International Security in Cyberspace)
- 8-14 February: the Special Envoy for the Global Conference on CyberSpace, Mr Uri Rosenthal visits Mexico, Brazil and Colombia.
- 9-10 February: GCCS Pre-Conference for the Asia-Pacific Region in Kuala Lumpur, organised by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute @aspi_org.
Results of this meeting:
- Asia-Pacific Perspectives on the Global Conference on Cyberspace.
- International Law and State Behaviour in Cyberspace Meeting Series
- 19-20 February: Swiss Government GCCS pre-meeting (in cooperation with Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) in Geneva.
- Read the speech by Special Envoy Uri Rosenthal.
- Read the description
- Read the chairmans summary
- 23-24 February: European Commission Conference on Networks Enhancing the Economy, Development and Security (NEEDS), Brussels.
- 26-27 February: Pakistan National Cyberspace Conference, hosted by the Embassy of the Netherlands in Islamabad, organised by Bytes for All.
- The Pakistan conference in the news: 'Cyber is the key emerging topic of today'.
- 3-4 March: International Law and State Behaviour in Cyberspace Meeting Series – African Regional Seminar, Nairobi, Kenya. Read the description.
- 9-10 March: Debate on the Ethics of Algorithms – From Terrorism to Self-Driving Cars, Berlin. Organised by the Centre for Internet and Human Rights.
- 26-27 March: Cyber DiploHack Competition hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies and the Netherlands Embassy in Washington D.C.
- 13-14 April: ONE Conference, Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs, The Hague.
- 13-17 April: Cyber Security Week (preview page), The Hague Security Delta, The Hague.
- 14-15 April: Civil Society pre-conference and training on capacity building, The Hague, organised by Global Partners Digital