- Fostering confidence and protecting opportunities: The objective of security is to foster confidence in the Internet and to ensure the continued success of the Internet as a driver for economic and social innovation.
- Collective Responsibility: Internet participants share a responsibility towards the system as a whole.
- Fundamental Properties and Values: Security solutions should be compatible with fundamental human rights and preserve the fundamental properties of the Internet - the Internet Invariants.
- Evolution and Consensus: Effective security relies on agile evolutionary steps based on the expertise of a broad set of stakeholders.
- Think Globally, act Locally: It is through voluntary bottom-up self-organization that the most impactful solutions are likely to reached.
The Collaborative Security paper provides further details regarding each of these elements. The Collaborative Security approach is not just a discussion piece. It is a call for action, for Internet participants to take responsibility and as such it resonates with the themes of the conference.
Read more about The Collaborative Security approach in this blog.